Chicken biryani south Indian style is one of the most popular dishes in India. It has all the aromatic flavor and great colors combination. Preparing a chicken biryani in authentic south Indian style does take some time and needs some expertise.
It is very delicious to eat to give the various whole spice. You can easily make this recipe at home at any time, don’t need any reason to prepare this recipe.
Biryani recipe is made different in different places; its taste also is different in all places. No matter which places the biryani is from; It is a recipe with a unique flavor.
Today I will make chicken biryani South Indian style. It is very easy to make at home, and it takes about an hour to prepare. After following this recipe, I guarantee that You could easily make chicken dum biryani recipe at home for any festival and on special occasions.
If you like this recipe, share the recipe with your family and friends.
For More Chicken Recipes Click Here
Now let’s starts to prepare chicken biryani south indian style.
How To Make Chicken Biryani South Indian Style
- 300 Grams Chicken - Murgh
- 250 Grams Basmati Rice - Chawal
- ½ Cup Yogurt - Dahi
- 1 Piece Onion - Pyaz
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste - Adrak Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Paste - Lehsun Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - Kashmiri Lal Mirch
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder - Haldi Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder - Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder - Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Tablespoons Fried Onion
- 2 Pieces Green Chili - Hari Mirch
- 1 Piece Bay Leaf - Tej Patta
- 2 Pieces Cardamom - Elaichi
- 2 Pieces Star Anise - Chakra Ful
- 4 Pieces Black Pepper - Kali Mirch
- 4 Pieces Cloves - Laung
- 1 Pieces Tomato - Tamatar
- Coriander Leaves - Dhaniya Patta
- Mint Leaves - Pudina Patta
- 6 Tablespoons Oil - Tel
- Water - Pani
- Salt To Taste - Swad Anusar Namak
- First, heat oil in a cooker, add whole spices, cumin seeds.
- Then add onion and fry it while when it turns light golden brown. Follow the next step.
- Add ginger garlic and fry it very well until the raw smell disappears.
- Then add Kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, and mint leaves. Mix everything well. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add yogurt, tomato, chili powder, and mix it well with everything.
- Once the mixture becomes mushy. Then add chicken, salt to taste, coriander powder, green chili, and a glass of water. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes on medium flame.
- In another pot, Boil water, along with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add soaked rice in water and Boil rice for about 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes, strain rice from water. Spread the rice well on top of the chicken. Do not mix everything.
- Spread mint leaves on top and cover, and cook for about twenty minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 20 minutes. Open the lid and spread a tablespoon of ghee and fried onion on top, and cover again for about 10 minutes.
- Open the lid after 10 minutes. Now Chicken Biryani south Indian style is ready to serve.
Let’s Prepare Chicken Biryani South Indian Style
1. First, wash the chicken well. I have taken the chicken leg piece here. You can also take the chicken piece if you want. Cut both sides of the chicken with a knife. Basmati Rice should be well washed and soaked in water for 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Put 6 tablespoons of oil in the cooker and heat it well. When the oil is hot, add bay leaves, garam masala or whole spices, and a teaspoon of cumin. Fry all whole spices for a few seconds.
3. Once it is fry, add the onion. Fry the onions till turn golden brown. Do not burn onion as they leave a bitter taste.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell disappears completely.
5. Then add 2 tablespoons of Kashmiri chili powder, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and half a glass of water, along with some coriander leaves, mint leaves. All spices saute for one minute on low to medium flame.
6. Then add ½ cup of yogurt, tomato, 1 teaspoon chili powder, saute for 2 minutes. When oil starts to release from the mixture, and the mixture becomes thick. It begins to smell good; you have to add chicken to it.
7. Add salt to taste, two pieces of green chili, and 1 tablespoon coriander powder. Mix the spices well with chicken.
8. Once mixed, add a glass of water, stir and Cover cooker for 8 to 10 minutes on medium flame.
9. In another oven, pour water in a pot and add some salt. The water heated lightly. When the water is hot, add the soaked rice. Boil the rice for about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain water from boiled rice and put it into a utensil.
10. Then spread the boiled rice on top of the chicken gravy. Do not mix everything. The taste of the biryani cooked in the shown method is good. Optionally you can add saffron soaked milk.
11. Add 2 glasses of hot water, mint leaves. Cover and cook for 20 – 25 minutes on low flame.
12. Turn off the oven after 20 to 25 minutes. Open the lid and add ghee and fried onion. Again cover for about 10 minutes. Now no need to turn on the flame.
13. 10 minutes later. Open the lid, Now Ready chicken biryani South Indian style. Serve and enjoy chicken biryani with raita or shorba.
1. I have used oil here, if you want you can use ghee in whole cooking. Ghee adds a unique aroma to the chicken biryani recipe.
2. It would be better if you add boiled rice water instead normal water to the biryani.…