Khichdi in cooker – step by step photo with detailed instructions. Khichdi recipe It is usually made with rice pulses and all kinds of vegetables.
Many times, You don’t want to cook anything for fatigue, Or you can cook the khichdi recipe in a hectic time. If it is khichdi in a pressure cooker, then it takes much less time. It gets ready very quickly or in an instant.
It can make many types of pulses. Different pulses have different tastes, and This dish is very healthy and very tasty.
All kinds of vegetables, soybeans, eggs are rich in vitamins and nutrients. Very good for the body, especially for children. You can add minced chicken in it if you want.
It is very easy to make and can make with almost all kinds of vegetables like carrots, potatoes, long beans, Snake gourd, pumpkin, spinach (Palak), etc. Ghee gives a better flavour in khichdi than the oil.
If someone does not like vegetables, then it can be made with rice, pulses, potatoes. It does not change the taste of khichdi in cooker so much. It is eaten, especially in winter and the rainy season.
Khichdi recipe made in so many different ways.
When your stomach is upset then it's best to eat khichdi. It also can be served to small babies, since it's easy to digest.
Hot khichdi with fried eggplant, fried eggs, and a tablespoon of ghee my family always likes. It tastes delicious and yummy.
For more recipes
Khichdi In Cooker
- 250 Gram Rice - Chawal
- 250 Gram Pulses - Dal
- 2 Medium Potatoes - Aloo
- 1 Large Onion - Pyaz
- 1 Large Tomato - Tamatar
- 2 Pieces Egg - Anda
- 4 Tablespoon Oil - Ghee
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds - Jeera
- 1 Piece Bay Leaf - Tej Patta
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste - Adrak Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste - Lehsun Paste
- 100 Gram Soyabean - Soyachunks
- 1 Medium Carrot - Gajar
- 100 Gram Cauliflower - Full Gobi
- 100 Gram Snake Gourd - Chichinda
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder - Haldi Powder
- 1½ Tablespoon Chili Powder - Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder - Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala - Mix Spices
- 1 Litre Water - Pani
Prepare for khichdi in pressure cooker
- Potatoes should be wash thoroughly, peeled, and cut in half.
- Carrot, Cauliflower, Snake gourd, should be cut into small pieces.
- In a pan, scrambled two eggs with a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Rice and lentils should be wash in water thoroughly.
How to make khichdi in cooker
- Put oil or ghee in a pressure cooker; I use mustard oil in this recipe.
- After heat oil adds bay leaf and cumin seeds. Fry for 1 minute in low flame.
- Add onion and do not fry it until golden brown, light brown is okay for this recipe.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and until fragrant.
- Put all vegetables like potato, soybeans, cauliflower, snake gourd, carrot,tomato.
- Add Pulses, salt to taste, and Cook for 1 minute.
- Add Chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Then add Rice, scrambled eggs, pour with 1-liter water.
- Close the lid tightly and cook until 5-6 whistle on high flame.
- Once it is cook, serve with fried eggplant, and ghee. It’s Delicious to eat.
If you are Beginner in cooking, I will help you to make the delicious recipe. Follow the method step by step with the picture below.
1. Add three tablespoons of oil in the pressure cooker, if you want you can use refined oil or ghee. I use mustard oil for this recipe.
2. When the oil is hot, add a bay leaf, a teaspoon of cumin, and fry for a few seconds.
3. After frying dry spices, add onion and fry till light brown for 5 minutes.Do not need golden brown.
4. When it is cook, add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of ginger-garlic is gone.
5. Then add tomatoes, potatoes, soybeans, cauliflower, Snake gourd, carrots, and fry for two minutes.
6. Then add salt to taste, Pulses, and cook for about a minute in medium flame.
7. Then add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala (a blend of ground spices used extensively in Indian cuisine), and mix well for two minutes.
8. Then add fried eggs, 1 liter of water, cover the pressure cooker.Don't worry if a number of the rice and lentils stick with the bottom of the pressure cooker, but careful not to burn them.
10. Once the pressure is stable by itself, open the lid of the cooker.
11. Ready hot khichdi in pressure cooker serve with fried eggs, fried eggplant, and a tablespoon of ghee.